Benefits across the board
The Hitachi SmartFlex™ VRF product line can help expand your customer base by adding an innovative heating and cooling solution that can be customized for multiple building types. The reliability, efficiency and performance of Hitachi SmartFlex™ systems will enhance your reputation as a provider of innovative solutions with built-in quality and impressive efficiency.
Building owners and occupants enjoy:
- Energy savings and low life-cycle costs. Systems essentially eliminate duct losses; variable-speed compressors in outdoor units provide extremely high part-load efficiency.
- Individual comfort. Modular design and highly scalable controls enable precise control to meet diverse comfort needs. Occupants can choose the optimum setpoint for their workspace; temperature is maintained within a narrow range of 1 degree Fahrenheit increments.
- Quiet operation. Outdoor units are quieter than most residential systems, and indoor units are nearly noise-free.
- LEED® recognition. Efficiencies gained from Hitachi SmartFlex™ technology can help gain LEED points in more categories than conventional HVAC systems.
Designers and contractors appreciate:
- Design freedom. Designers can choose ducted systems with short or long runs, or non-ducted, whichever best suits project needs. Multiple standard modular components allow equipment to be customized and sized to fit project requirements. Since ductwork is usually needed only for ventilation, ducts can be smaller, saving capital cost. Systems can be adapted as space is reconfigured: Capacity can be expanded just by adding modular units (capacities 6 to 30 tons). For VRF expansion, there is no need to remove and replace the original unit or reconfigure ductwork.
- A selection of indoor units combines uniform comfort control with aesthetic and space-saving considerations. You can choose units concealed in the ceiling and units that are adaptable to different ceiling heights. Also available are floor- and wall-mounted units and units designed specifically for hallways.
- Ease of installation. Factory-built modular systems, space-saving refrigerant piping, and compact outdoor units simplify transportation, configuration and installation. Outdoor unit piping can be connected from the front, back, or underneath to provide more installation options. Indoor units are small, light and easy to transport; outdoor units can be brought into a building for installation on a rooftop via a service elevator – no crane required.
- Ease of maintenance. Systems need little maintenance beyond changing filters and cleaning coils. Easy removal of a panels provides convenient access to all components: control boards, electrical connections, compressor and piping.
- Control flexibility. Users can deploy from three basic control options:
- Indoor fan coils can be controlled with optional wireless or wired room controllers with features ranging from simple temperature adjustment to occupancy scheduling.
- Central station controllers for larger projects provide remote control and scheduling of the entire system from one or more control points.
- Adapters (gateways) enable control of large buildings or campuses through building automation systems such as Metasys®.